Strawberries & Cream Lindor Truffle Brownies

Strawberries and cream Lindor truffle brownies - dense, fudgy brownies with pieces of Lindor truffle, perfect for Valentines Day

Valentines day is fast approaching and while I have no plans to celebrate it personally (I’m not single, we just don’t really do Valentines), I will happily take any excuse to do a spot of baking, especially when said baking involves copious amounts of chocolate… So I made brownies, because a warm, gooey brownie topped with a generous dollop of ice cream would be my Valentines day dessert of choice. These brownies are elevated beyond regular brownie territory by the addition ofΒ  strawberries and cream flavoured Lindor truffles, which meld with the dense, fudgy brownie, creating pockets of strawberry and cream flavour.

Lindor truffle brownies - dense, fudgy, decadent brownies filled with pieces of strawberries and cream lindor truffles

You could of course use any flavour of truffle you like, but I think that the strawberries and cream are particularly suited to Valentines day. I chopped the truffles up as I preferred to have smaller pieces of truffle more evenly dispersed throughout the brownies, but you can leave them whole if you like, in which case I recommend freezing the truffles before adding them to the batter so that they remain whole when baked. The brownies themselves are perfectly dense and fudgy, gooey if served warm, and totally decadent. They are quite rich, so one is definitely enough! (It is not often that I say that…)

Strawberries and cream Lindor truffle brownies, fudgy, rich brownies filled with pieces of Lindor truffle, perfect for Valentines day

Brownies can actually be one of the trickier things to make well, knowing when to take them out of the oven is key and can mean the difference between moist, fudgy brownies, and dry, overbaked ones. I find that the best indications for perfectly baked brownies are that the middle should be set, if it wobbles they are underbaked; they should have a crisp, papery crust; and a skewer inserted into the centre should come out a bit gunky with moist crumbs, but no wet batter, if it comes out clean then the brownies are overdone. Remember that the time it takes for brownies to become overbaked can be a matter of minutes, so I tend to start checking the brownies after 25 minutes, and then again every five minutes until they are done. Follow these signs and you will end up with perfectly baked, fudgy brownies.

Strawberries and cream Lindor truffle brownies - dense, fudgy brownies filled with chopped truffles, perfect for Valentines day.

Strawberries & Cream Lindor Truffle Brownies

Author:
Makes: 9
  • 200g (7oz) dark chocolate, chopped
  • 200g (7oz) unsalted butter, cubed
  • 100g (1/2 + ⅓ cup) plain flour
  • 45g (heaped ⅓ cup) cocoa powder
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • 3 large eggs
  • 175g (3/4 cup + 2tbsp) caster sugar
  • 100g (1/2 cup + 1 tbsp) light brown soft sugar
  • 16 (200g/1 box) lindor strawberries and cream truffles, roughly chopped (some halved, some quartered) or left whole if you prefer.
  1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4 and grease and line a 20cm square cake tin with baking parchment.
  2. Place the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl and place it over a pan of gently simmering water, making sure that the base of the bowl doesn't come into contact with the water. Stir until the chocolate and butter have melted then remove from the heat and set aside to cool a little.
  3. Sift together the flour, cocoa powder and salt and set aside.
  4. Place the eggs and sugars in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer on high speed until extremely pale, thick and mousse-like and about doubled in volume. If you lift the beaters out of the bowl and wiggle them from side to side, the mixture that falls off the beaters should leave a trail on the surface that lasts for a couple of seconds.
  5. Pour the chocolate mixture into the bowl and gently fold it in with a rubber spatula until the two mixtures are just combined, be careful not to knock out the air.
  6. Sift the flour and cocoa powder mixture over the top and fold it in carefully, the mixture will become quite gungy. Finally add the truffles and fold them through, reserving a few to scatter over the top if you like.
  7. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and level it, scatter over any reserved truffle pieces. Bake in the centre of the oven for about 35 minutes, though start checking after 25; when they are ready the brownies should be set in the middle - if they wobble when you shake the tray they need a little longer, and a skewer inserted into the centre should come out a bit gungy, with moist crumbs but no wet batter, if it comes out clean they are overdone. Keep a close eye on them when they are nearly ready as brownies can go from perfectly fudgy to dry and overbaked in a matter of minutes.
  8. Slide the tin onto a wire rack and leave the brownies to cool completely, they will firm up as they cool and are near impossible to slice neatly when warm; I like to place the tin in the fridge overnight then carefully un-mould the slab and slice into 9 squares.
  9. They will keep in an airtight container for about a week and freeze well. To serve, give them a 20-30 second blast in the microwave and top with a dollop of strawberry or vanilla ice cream.

Strawberries and cream Lindor truffle brownies - rich, fudgy brownies filled with pieces of Lindor truffle, perfect for Valentines day (or any day)Strawberries and cream Lindor truffle brownies - rich, fudgy, decadent brownies filled with pieces of Lindor truffleI am sharing these with Fiesta Friday hosted by Little Sweet Baker and Foodie On Board, Foodie FriDIY, Foodie Friends Friday, Friday Favourites, Friday Features,
Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com

39 Comments on Strawberries & Cream Lindor Truffle Brownies

1. Charlotte Oates
    February 2, 2016 at 6:36 pm (2 years ago)

I’m totally with you about Valentine’s Day, we don’t celebrate it either. I am loving creating some new Valentine’s recipes though, like you said it’s the perfect excuse to get a bit carried away with chocolate. Your brownies sound absolutely devine Hannah, I’ll have to pop out and get some Lindor!

February 12, 2016 at 1:44 pm (2 years ago)

Thanks Charlotte πŸ™‚ I don’t really celebrate a lot of holidays, but I do enjoy creating recipes for the blog for them!

2. lucyparissi
    February 2, 2016 at 7:19 pm (2 years ago)

I enjoy spending Valentine’s at home with my husband having cocktails and yummy food. But that’s not to say we don’t do that most weekends πŸ™‚ Still with the healthy diet in place I am looking forward to V-day as an excuse to indulge and have some chocolate. These look amazing and I am glad I am nowhere near them because I could not possibly resist them!

February 12, 2016 at 1:43 pm (2 years ago)

That sounds perfect, especially with your awesome cocktails! x

3. Amy
    February 3, 2016 at 1:22 am (2 years ago)

Oh these brownies are just beautiful! I love the addition of lindor truffles, they are my absolute favourite and they take these brownies over the edge πŸ™‚
    We don’t do kitschy Valentine’s Day, instead we do it our way πŸ™‚ We are getting a couple’s massage, watching Dead Pool at the cinema and grabbing pizza on the way home to eat on the couch while we watch QI re-runs πŸ™‚ And I think a pan of these brownies would make the perfect end to our night!

February 12, 2016 at 1:41 pm (2 years ago)

That sounds like an awesome Valentines day! We might be going to watch Deadpool as well, and we’ll probably be too hungover to want to cook so pizza would be ideal πŸ™‚

4. GA@taller
    February 3, 2016 at 3:38 am (2 years ago)

Looks sooooo great. Thanks for sharing this. Though I’m not sure I can make it as good as you

5. Angela - Patisserie Makes Perfect
    February 3, 2016 at 9:55 am (2 years ago)

I don’t do anything for Valentine’s Day either – it’s a massive opportunity for companies to cash in.

I prefer cooking at home and having something delicious.

February 12, 2016 at 1:39 pm (2 years ago)

Thanks Angela, they are VERY naughty, but sooo good! x

6. The Purley Girly
    February 3, 2016 at 11:01 am (2 years ago)

Oh wow – these look incredible! Definitely have to try these out. Thank you! x

February 12, 2016 at 1:39 pm (2 years ago)

Thank you!

7. amber
    February 5, 2016 at 12:27 pm (2 years ago)

Your photography and styling is so beautiful! These brownies look so delicious. Perfect for valentines day! I don’t normally do anything on valentines day, but my three year old daughter is really excited about it, pink hearts and chocolate and all (her grandmother told her about it!) so I may be making chocolate tarts and buying her and her brother a little something…

February 12, 2016 at 1:39 pm (2 years ago)

Thanks Amber πŸ™‚ That’s sweet, it is actually the perfect holiday to do baking and cookie decorating with kids – chocolate, sprinkles and food colouring!

8. Jhuls
    February 5, 2016 at 2:31 pm (2 years ago)

My my! These look fabulously divine!!

February 12, 2016 at 1:36 pm (2 years ago)

Thank you!

9. CakePants
    February 5, 2016 at 3:03 pm (2 years ago)

What a great idea to incorporate truffles into brownies! These look marvelous. We don’t really do much for Valentine’s Day either, except make some tasty food…I certainly wouldn’t say no to these!

February 12, 2016 at 1:36 pm (2 years ago)

Thank you! I think that’s the best way to do Valentines – a nice meal at home πŸ™‚

10. Life Diet Health
    February 5, 2016 at 3:33 pm (2 years ago)

Delicious looking brownies but I’m not sure hubby would let me use his favourite Lindor for baking! I wonder how many I could sneak without him noticing…

February 12, 2016 at 1:35 pm (2 years ago)

Haha! I’m sure he wouldn’t complain for long when you presented him with brownies…. πŸ˜›

11. Lily
    February 5, 2016 at 6:07 pm (2 years ago)

OMG! I tried those Strawberries and Cream Lindor chocolates last Valentines and I thought they were the best thing on earth. I couldn’t stop thinking about them for days. Thanks for the reminder, I’m going to clear the shelf at my grocery store now. Thanks for sharing and happy FF!

February 12, 2016 at 1:33 pm (2 years ago)

They are awesome aren’t they πŸ™‚ but then I don’t think there is a flavour of Lindor that I DON’T like…

12. chefjulianna
    February 5, 2016 at 9:33 pm (2 years ago)

Help!! Somebody get me a bib! I don’t want to drool all over my party dress! Wow, you have truly taken brownies to a new level! They are simply extraordinary! πŸ˜€

February 12, 2016 at 1:31 pm (2 years ago)

Haha! Thank you Julianna πŸ™‚

13. Cynthia
    February 6, 2016 at 9:07 am (2 years ago)

These look DIVINE! I just received a box of Lindor chocolates and now I have something to make them even more delicious! Happy FF and thanks for the insipration!

February 12, 2016 at 1:31 pm (2 years ago)

Lindor chocolates are amazing as they are, but if there is any way to improve them it is by sticking them in brownies… πŸ˜› Thanks Cynthia

14. Ahila
    February 6, 2016 at 1:47 pm (2 years ago)

Love these brownies. Happy FF!

February 12, 2016 at 1:30 pm (2 years ago)

February 12, 2016 at 1:29 pm (2 years ago)

Thanks Helen!

15. Sophie
    February 9, 2016 at 11:56 am (2 years ago)

Oh my lord, these sound INCREDIBLE. Pinning! #TastyTuesdays x

February 12, 2016 at 1:29 pm (2 years ago)

Thanks Sophie πŸ™‚

16. Honest Mum
    February 9, 2016 at 3:14 pm (2 years ago)

They look incredible!

February 12, 2016 at 1:28 pm (2 years ago)

Thank you!

17. dishofdailylife
    February 11, 2016 at 7:10 pm (2 years ago)

These sound SO delicious! Of course all of your desserts are droolworthy, in my opinion! I’m featuring you this week for Valentine’s Day at #FoodieFriDIY…sending lots of foodie love your way! πŸ™‚

February 12, 2016 at 1:25 pm (2 years ago)

Awesome! thanks Michelle πŸ™‚ they are utterly delicious, but unfortunately all gone now…

February 11, 2016 at 10:11 pm (2 years ago)

Your brownies look so gorgeous Hannah! Perfectly moist and squidgy. I generally don’t make anything special for Valentine’s Day, but I might make an exception for these! x

February 12, 2016 at 1:25 pm (2 years ago)

Thanks Louise πŸ™‚ I don’t generally bother either, and I’ve had so much brownie and cookie recently that I think come Valentines day I wont actually want any baked goodies…. (that’s totally a lie…) x

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Strawberries & Cream Lindor Truffle Brownies