Disclosure & Privacy
domesticgothess.com is my own personal website, written and edited by me (Hannah Hossack-Lodge).
I do include some paid advertising on the site. This shouldn’t be taken as an endorsement for any product advertised.
Paid product reviews
I may be compensated to provide an opinion on a product, service, website or other topic. Even though I receive compensation for these posts, I will always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs or experiences on those topics or products. All opinions expressed on this blog are my own. I will also write reviews for which I’ve not received any compensation (just because I want to!) so where I have received compensation for writing a post it will be made clear.
I do link with affiliate programmes, this means if you follow a link I have provided to a product and then go on to purchase from that site, I will receive a percentage of the cost. I will never provide a link to a product just because it’s part of an affiliate programme.
This policy sets out how I use and protect any information that you give while using domesticgothess.com.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
I may occasionally change this policy by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated on Monday 09 February 2015.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address.
- Other information relevant to competition entries.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to:
- Send email newsletters about new posts on Domestic Gothess. Note – you will only be added to the newsletters mailing list if you specifically select this option when providing your email address. Email address supplied for other reason, e.g. when commenting a post will not be used for this purpose. You can opt out of receiving email newsletters at any time by simply clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any Domestic Gothess email.
- Notify you of follow up comments when you comment on a post. Note – you can opt our of receiving follow up comments using the options below the comment box.
- To notify you of a competition win.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure, in order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- Traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- Cookies to track when you have clicked on an affiliate link. This ensures that if you go on to purchase a product through an affiliate link I will receive the appropriate commission from the seller.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Some of our advertisers occasionally serve you cookies as well. We do not have control over cookies placed by advertisers. We may use advertising service vendors to help present advertisements on the website. We currently use:
For information about opting out of Gourmet Ads and their ad serving partners please visit http://www.gourmetads.com/about/privacy-policy/.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
If you have any questions or comments about this, or if you’re interested in advertising, paid reviews or sponsored posts on Domestic Gothess then please contact me.