Cranberry, pistachio and coconut energy bites - super quick and easy to make vegan energy bites made with pistachios, cranberries, coconut, oats, dates, cashews, peanut butter and maple syrup. The perfect healthy grab and go snack.
Did everyone have a good (and sufficiently chocolatey) Easter? I spent the weekend at my parents house, which was lovely, but I always struggle to resume a normal routine after being away and the traveling has worn me out somewhat.
A batch of these cranberry, pistachio and coconut energy bites has helped to get me through though!
Energy bites are an incredibly quick and easy to make, healthy, protein-packed snack that will fill you up and keep you going. They are great as a pre or post-workout energy boost, or just to help you get through the 4pm slump.
They are just sweet enough to fulfill any sugar cravings, but are made with all natural, healthy ingredients so are far better for you than reaching for the biscuit tin.
These ones are made with cashews, unsweetened desiccated coconut and porridge oats for bulk; with peanut butter, dates and maple syrup to bind it all together and add a bit of natural sweetness.
Pistachios and dried cranberries add extra flavour and colour, but you can also use any other kinds of nuts and dried fruit if you prefer; macadamia and dried apricot is another combination I've been meaning to try.
You can even mix in some mini chocolate chips so that you can get your chocolate fix in a healthy way, just stir them in by hand after the mixture has been blended so that they don't get pulverized.
I originally made these cranberry, pistachio and coconut energy bites for DIYs, check them out for some awesome craft and recipe ideas.
Cranberry, Pistachio And Coconut Energy Bites
- 100 g (3.5oz) pitted dates
- 70 g (½ cup) unsalted cashew nuts
- 90 g (1 cup) unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 40 g (⅓ cup) porridge oats
- 2 Tbsp smooth peanut butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 75 g (½ cup) pistachios
- 75 g (½ cup) dried cranberries
- Place the dates, cashews, coconut, oats, peanut butter, vanilla extract and maple syrup in a food processor. Blend well until everything is very finely chopped and clumps together. There should be no large pieces of any of the ingredients remaining.
- Add the pistachios and cranberries to the food processor and blend again until they are both finely chopped but are still in visible pieces.
- Take small handfuls of the mixture and press it together firmly then roll into balls. If you like, you can roll the energy bites in powdered coconut or cacao powder. Place the energy bites in a single layer in a tub and refrigerate for about half an hour until firm. Keep refrigerated.