Ten minute naan pizza - super quick and easy tasty home-made pizza made using shop-bought naan bread; ready in under ten minutes!
Although I do really like making my own pizza from scratch, including the dough; it can be a bit of a faff and takes a while. Not good if you are hungry and craving pizza fast!
I am not a fan of shop bought pizza bases, but one really good ready-made solution is naan bread; it makes the perfect pizza base and because it is pre-baked you simply need to melt your cheese to finish off your pizza.
This one is topped simply with tomato passata mixed with some garlic, chilli and salt and pepper for flavour; you could also use a pre-flavoured tomato sauce if you prefer.
I use a mixture of mozzarella and cheddar cheeses to top it with but really you can use whatever kind of cheese you like, or happen to have in the fridge.
You can also chuck on some cooked veggies or meat (bear in mind that any toppings you add need to be pre-cooked as the pizza is in the oven for such a short amount of time).
This naan pizza takes just a couple of minutes to assemble then 5-10 minutes in the oven meaning that you can have delicious fresh pizza fast! I like to keep a couple of naan breads in the freezer for this very purpose; you never know when a pizza craving is going to strike!
More Pizza Recipes:
If you do want to try making your own pizza from scratch why not try my:
- Vegetarian breakfast pizza
- New potato, caramelised onion, rosemary and gruyere pizza
- Mushroom pesto pizza
- Double pumpkin goats cheese pizza
If you tried this recipe why not tag @domestic_gothess on Instagram and hashtag it #domesticgothess
*All images and content on Domestic Gothess are copyright protected. If you want to share this recipe then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post the recipe or content in full.*
Ten Minute Naan Pizza Recipe:
Ten Minute Naan Pizza
- 2 shop-bought naan breads
- 6 Tbsp passata
- 1 tsp crushed garlic (from a jar)
- ½ tsp crushed chilli (from a jar)
- salt and pepper to taste
- dried oregano
- 150 g fresh mozzarella drained and sliced
- 50 g mature cheddar cheese grated
- fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas mark 7/425ºF. Lay the naan breads on a lined baking sheet.
- Mix the passata with the garlic, chilli and some salt and pepper; spread it evenly over the naan breads. Sprinkle over some dried oregano then top with the mozzarella slices and grated cheddar.
- Cook in the oven for about five minutes or so, until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Scatter over some roughly torn fresh basil leaves and serve.