Easy mushroom linguine – ready in fifteen minutes this vegetarian mushroom linguine is quick, easy, healthy and delicious. Easily made vegan.
Despite being a food blogger there do seem to be a lot of days where I just don’t have time to cook, or simply don’t feel like cooking. I am loathe to rely on ready meals or takeaways however, so quick and simple meals like this easy mushroom linguine are my go-to on those kinds of days.
This meal can be ready in about fifteen minutes but is still delicious, satisfying and pretty healthy. Mushrooms are perfect for fast meals as they are quick to prepare and quick to cook and are also very good for you.
For flavour I use garlic, herbs, lemon, parmesan (make sure you use a vegetarian alternative if needed, usually labeled as ‘Italian hard cheese’) and a pinch of chilli flakes – you don’t need lots of fancy ingredients to make a tasty meal; sometimes simple is best.
The linguine is delicious as it is but if you want to make it a little more indulgent then you can use a splash of cream in place of the pasta cooking water to form a creamy sauce.
Make It Vegan:
I have also made this vegan by using a vegan spread in place of the butter (or you can use olive oil), and a vegan parmesan alternative (I use Violife prosociano wedge, which I have found in Sainsbury’s, Tescos and Holland and Barrett (in the UK)).
Whichever way you make it, this easy mushroom linguine is a tasty, easy meal which is perfect for those days when you just need good food fast!
More Mushroom Recipes:
A fan of fungi? Try my:
- Vegan mushroom lentil burgers
- Mushroom pesto pizza
- Veggie mushroom ‘meatballs’
- Vegan one pot mushroom pasta
- Mushroom pate
Easy Mushroom Linguine Recipe:
Easy Mushroom Linguine
- 160 g (5.5oz) linguine
- 25 g (2tbsp) butter
- 250 g (9oz) chestnut mushrooms sliced
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme leaves only
- pinch chilli flakes
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 40 g (1.5oz) parmesan cheese (or vegetarian alternative) grated
- handfull fresh parsley finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- Cook the linguine according to the instructions on the packet.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a frying pan. Add the mushrooms until soft and golden and any liquid has almost all evaporated. Add the garlic, thyme leaves and chilli flakes and cook for a couple more minutes. Season well.
- Drain the linguine, reserving a cupful of the cooking water. Add the linguine to the mushrooms along with the lemon juice, parmesan and parsley. Toss everything together and add enough of the reserved cooking water to form a light sauce. Season to taste and serve.