Peanut Butter Oreo Blondies – easy chewy peanut butter blondies filled with tasty pieces of peanut butter flavour Oreos; utterly heavenly! Post sponsored by Oreo.
I am a huge fan of Oreos (I mean, who isn't really?!), so when I found out that they had brought out a new range of Oreo flavours I just had to try them all! They did not disappoint and I can confirm that all of the new flavours are totally yummy.
The range consists of Choc'o Brownie Flavour Oreo, Strawberry Cheesecake Flavour Oreo, Peanut Butter Flavour Oreo and Mint Flavour Oreo. I love them all but I think that the peanut butter flavour Oreos might just be my favourite (have you ever eaten an Oreo dipped in peanut butter? - SO GOOD!). They consist of the classic chocolate Oreo shell, with a smooth peanut butter cream filling. The flavour is absolutely spot on; I just had to come up with a recipe using them. They suit my personality too I think – I'm a little bit nutty!
I decided to go all out with the peanut butter and make some heavenly peanut butter blondies filled with crushed peanut butter flavour Oreos. The blondies are totally addictive, they have a chewy texture and a brown sugar peanut butter flavour, almost like a cookie bar. The crunchy Oreos add a nice variation in texture as well as delicious flavour, making these peanut butter Oreo blondies an insanely delicious treat; particularly if you warm them up a little in the microwave first – try it and thank me later.
Peanut Butter Oreo Blondies
- 170 g (¾ cup) butter melted
- 300 g (1 + ⅔ cup) light brown soft sugar
- 100 g (½ cup) golden caster sugar
- 200 g (7oz) smooth peanut butter
- 2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 250 g (2 cups) plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 154g packet peanut butter flavor Oreos
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4. Grease a 20x30cm/8x12 inch rectangular cake tin and line with baking parchment.
- Whisk together the butter, sugars and peanut butter until smooth then whisk in the eggs, egg yolk and vanilla extract.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt and add to the wet ingredients. Fold in until the mixture is smooth; the batter will be quite thick.
- Roughly crush the Oreos and fold about ⅔rds of them into the batter. Scrape it into the prepared tin and spread level.
- Scatter over the remaining Oreos then bake for about 30 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out with moist crumbs but no wet batter. If it comes out clean then the blondies are overdone so keep a close eye on them towards the end of the baking time, checking them every two minutes. Allow the blondies to cool in the pan before slicing into 18 squares.
This post is sponsored by Oreo, thank you for supporting the brands that allow me to continue doing what I love – playing with food and making a mess of my kitchen.