Chocolate cupcakes for two - a small batch of just two delicious vegan chocolate cupcakes that are incredibly quick and easy to whip up and so tasty! Perfect for Valentines Day.
I figured I should probably do a Valentines Day recipe; not that we ever bother with the holiday, but any excuse to make cake right?! Especially when the recipe makes just two delicious cupcakes so you don't have to feel guilty about eating most of a full batch of them yourself...
This chocolate cupcakes for two recipe is incredibly quick and simple to whip up; perfect not just for Valentines, but for any time that a cake craving hits.
You just whisk together the ingredients in one bowl, divide between two cupcake cases and bake. They also happen to be vegan, not that you can tell. They are so perfectly fudgy and delicious!
I topped them with a simple chocolate buttercream as you can't have a naked cupcake! (That's basically a muffin). To keep the whole recipe vegan I used vegan margarine and dairy free dark chocolate but butter will work just fine as well.
Decorate them however you see fit; I went for a simple scattering of chocolate shavings but sprinkles would be great too. The buttercream can be simply spread on, or it is pipeable too; though it is such a small batch that that seemed like overkill, and a little more awkward to do.
More Small Batch Vegan Recipes:
If you tried this recipe why not tag @domestic_gothess on Instagram and hashtag it #domesticgothess
*All images and content on Domestic Gothess are copyright protected. If you want to share this recipe then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post the recipe or content in full.*
Chocolate Cupcakes For Two (Vegan)
- 35 g (3 Tbsp) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 30 g (2 Tbsp) caster sugar
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- ⅛ tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- pinch salt
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) almond/soy milk
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) sunflower oil
- ⅛ tsp white vinegar
- ⅛ tsp vanilla extract
- 25 g (1 oz) dairy free dark chocolate chopped
- 30 g (2 Tbsp) vegan spread (or softened butter)
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 30 g (3 Tbsp) icing (powdered) sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4 and line a muffin tray with two cupcake cases.
- Place the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt in a bowl and whisk to combine. Add the milk, sunflower oil, vinegar and vanilla extract and whisk until smooth.
- Divide the mixture between the two cases and bake for 18-20 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Carefully transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack and set aside to cool.
- Melt the chocolate in short bursts in the microwave, stirring every 10 seconds. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place the vegan spread or butter in a bowl and sift in the cocoa powder and icing sugar. Use a spatula to mix them together until smooth. Add the melted chocolate and stir well.
- Place the buttercream in the fridge for 5 minutes to firm up a little then slather it on top of the cooled cupcakes, top with chocolate shavings and dig in.
For another dessert for two idea check out my vegan chocolate raspberry skillet cookie for two, nutella stuffed chocolate chunk skillet cookie for two and my mini white chocolate berry drip cake.