Chocolate raspberry skillet cookie for two - this indulgent vegan skillet cookie is really quick and easy to make, gooey in the middle and crisp around the edges. It is perfect for a romantic Valentine's day dessert to share!
Valentine's day is absolutely the worst day of the year to go out for a meal - the forced romance, the crowded restaurants, the cringy couples, the overpriced food.... I think it is far better to stay home and cook a nice meal yourselves instead.
And to finish that meal, this easy chocolate raspberry skillet cookie is the perfect choice for dessert! It takes just five minutes to prep and then about fifteen to cook, so you could be eating warm gooey cookie in twenty minutes from now!
It is best served warm straight from the skillet topped with a dollop of ice cream and two spoons. This is the perfect dessert for sharing! (Or not!).
It consists of a vanilla cookie base, which is crispy around the edge and gooey in the middle; and it is filled with chunks of melty chocolate and frozen raspberries which collapse into tart, jammy pockets as they bake. In short: heavenly; and totally vegan too!
This chocolate raspberry skillet cookie serves two people, but they are very generous servings so it could also stretch to four helpings if you wanted to make it for another occasion such as a family or girls night in.
How To Make Vegan Chocolate Raspberry Skillet Cookie:
(For ingredients and full instructions see the recipe card below)
*For the best results make sure that you follow the recipe closely. As always, I highly recommend using the gram measurements (with a digital scale), rather than the cup conversions. Cup measurements are simply not accurate enough for baking and I cannot guarantee the best results if you use them.*
Start by preheating the oven and greasing a 15cm/6inch cast iron skillet or oven-proof dish.
Mix together melted vegan butter (The solid block kind rather than the spreadable stuff in a tub will give the best results. I like Naturli Vegan Block best, which is available from Sainsbury's, otherwise I use Stork block.) with some light brown soft and caster sugar.
Stir in some vanilla extract and soy milk (oat and cashew are the next best substitutes) until smooth then add plain flour and a touch of baking powder and mix well.
Stir in some chopped dark chocolate, reserving a small handful to scatter over the top. The chocolate I used was raspberry flavoured but plain is absolutely fine.
Spread the cookie dough out evenly in the prepared skillet and scatter over the reserved chopped chocolate. Arrange some raspberries on top and press them gently into the dough (I used frozen ones but fresh is fine too.).
Bake the chocolate raspberry skillet cookie for about 15 minutes, until it is golden and crisp around the edges but still soft in the middle. It will firm up as it cools so be careful not to over-bake; you want the middle to be a little soft and gooey.
Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes then top with a scoop of ice cream and dig in - straight from the skillet!
More Vegan Valentine's Day Desserts:
- No-bake vegan chocolate stem ginger tart
- Vegan chocolate cupcakes for two
- Vegan steamed chocolate pudding
- Vegan lemon almond cake with coconut whipped cream and macerated strawberries
If you tried this recipe why not tag @domestic_gothess on Instagram and hashtag it #domesticgothess
*All images and content on Domestic Gothess are copyright protected. If you want to share this recipe then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post the recipe or content in full.*
Chocolate Raspberry Skillet Cookie (Vegan)
- 50 g (3 Tbsp + 1 tsp) vegan butter (block rather than spreadable, Naturli Vegan Block is best) melted
- 50 g (¼ cup) light brown soft sugar
- 20 g (2 Tbsp) caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened soy milk (or oat/cashew)
- 100 g (¾ cup + 1 Tbsp) plain (all-purpose) flour
- ⅛ tsp baking powder
- 70 g (2.5 oz) dark chocolate chopped
- 50 g (1.75 oz) raspberries frozen or fresh
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4. Grease a 15cm/6inch cast iron skillet or an oven-proof dish.
- Mix together the melted vegan butter, light brown soft sugar and caster sugar then stir in the vanilla extract and soy milk.
- Add the plain flour and the baking powder and stir until smooth. Mix in all but a small handful of the chopped chocolate.
- Transfer the cookie dough to the prepared skillet and spread level. Scatter over the reserved chopped chocolate. Arrange the raspberries on top and press them gently into the dough.
- Bake the skillet cookie for about 15 minutes, until it is golden and crisp around the edges but still soft in the middle. It will firm up as it cools so be careful not to over-bake; you want the middle to be a little soft and gooey.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes then top with a scoop of ice cream and dig in - straight from the skillet!