Vegan Sundried Tomato Pesto
Vegan sun dried tomato pesto - this delicious vegan pesto is quick and easy to make and very versatile. Try it with pasta, in sandwiches, tarts or dips, or use it to make pesto bread.
Servings 8 people
- 30 g fresh basil
- 45 g (⅓ cup) pine nuts or flaked almonds
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 170 g (1 cup packed) sundried tomatoes (the kind in oil, from one 280g jar)
- 15 g (¼ cup) nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
- 60 ml (¼ cup) extra virgin olive oil (plus extra as needed)
Place all of the ingredients apart from the olive oil in a food processor or blender. Blitz until everything is finely chopped.
With the motor running, gradually drizzle in the olive oil.
Keep blending until the pesto reaches your desired consistency. You can add more olive oil if you prefer a runnier pesto.
Taste and add more salt and pepper as needed. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.