Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Energy Bites
Chocolate chip peanut butter energy bites - these healthy protein packed energy balls taste like chocolate chip peanut butter cookie dough! They take just ten minutes to make and are perfect for snacking on when you need a boost.
Servings 19 bites
- 200 g pitted medjool dates
- 80 g almonds
- 50 g rolled oats
- 30 g (3 ½ Tbsp) ground flaxseed
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 130 g smooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup/agave
- 50 g dark chocolate chips
- a drop of water if needed
Place the dates, almonds, oats, flaxseed and chia seeds in a food processor and blend until everything is very finely chopped. This will probably take a couple of minutes.
Next, add the peanut butter, vanilla extract, maple syrup and chocolate chips and blend again until everything is well combined. You don't want the chocolate chips to get too finely chopped up so don't blend the mixture for too long.
Tip the mixture into a bowl and use your hands to roll it into small balls. If you find that the mixture is difficult to stick together then stir in a drop of water, a little at a time, until it clumps together easily.
If you like you can roll the energy bites in cacao powder then place them in an airtight container in the fridge where they will keep for at least a week.
- Instead of peanut butter you can use almond or cashew butter, the chia and flaxseeds can be swapped for any other kind of seed, and the almonds can be switched out for whatever kind of nut you prefer.
- Varying the ingredients can change the texture a little so if you find the mixture too sticky then simply add some extra rolled oats, and if it is too dry to form into balls, add some more nut butter or a drop of water.