Fluffy Vegan Vanilla Pancakes
Fluffy vegan vanilla pancakes - these delicious pancakes are easy to make and have a perfectly soft and fluffy texture and sweet vanilla flavour. Egg and dairy free.
Servings 4 people
- 275 g (2 ¼ cups) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 30 g (3 Tbsp) cornflour (cornstarch)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp maple syrup (or agave)
- 5 Tbsp sunflower oil (or another flavourless oil/melted coconut oil)
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp cider vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 300 ml non dairy milk (soy is best)
Place the flour, cornflour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
Add the maple syrup, sunflower oil, vanilla extract and cider vinegar then gradually whisk in the milk until you have a smooth batter.
The batter needs to be cooked right away so get a good non-stick frying pan (or two for speed) on a medium-low heat. If your pan is not very non-stick then grease it with a little sunflower oil.
Pour ¼ cup of the batter into the pan and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Carefully flip the pancake over and cook for another minute or so until it is golden and cooked through.
Repeat with the rest of the batter. You can keep the cooked pancakes warm in a low oven if needed.