Fluffy Vegan Banana Pancakes
Fluffy vegan banana pancakes - these American style vegan pancakes are easy to make, super fluffy and perfect for breakfast or brunch.
Servings 4 people
- 2 medium very ripe bananas, about 225g peeled weight
- 3 Tbsp sunflower oil (or whichever oil you prefer)
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp white wine/cider vinegar
- 250 ml (1 cup) unsweetened dairy free milk (I use soy) plus a little extra if needed
- 225 g (1 ¾ cups + 2 Tbsp) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 25 g (2 1/2 Tbsp) cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
Place all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until very smooth. The batter should be fairly thick but if is is too thick then you can add a splash more milk.
The batter needs to be cooked right away so get a good non-stick frying pan (or two for speed) on a low heat. If your pan is not very non-stick then grease it with a little sunflower oil.
Pour about 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan and cook for a couple of minutes until bubbles appear on the surface and the batter is set around the edge.
Carefully flip the pancake over and cook for another minute or two until it is golden and cooked through.
Repeat with the rest of the batter. You can keep the cooked pancakes warm in a low oven if needed.