Baileys Cheesecake With Baileys Ganache & A Flat White Martini

Baileys Irish Cream cheesecake with gingersnap crust & Baileys ganache and recipe for a Flat White Martini - Domestic Gothess I’ve always felt like New Years Eve falls too soon after Christmas; by that point I’ve had enough of celebrating and socialising and just want to hibernate for about a month with a duvet, stack of films and a supply of Christmas chocolates… And I certainly don’t want to go out to a packed bar or club with an hour long wait to get drinks; parties at home with friends are definitely my preferred form of celebrating. So I shall be doing just that for this New Years, though not at my own home, which is probably best as I wouldn’t want to have to clean up the next day!

Baileys Irish Cream baked cheesecake with gingersnap crust and Baileys chocolate ganacheParties require nibbles and drinks, all the better if they are alcoholic….the food AND the drinks that is. This Baileys cheesecake fits the bill perfectly, it is rich and creamy with a nice hit of Baileys Irish cream in both the velvety cheesecake and in the rich chocolate ganache topping; the ginger biscuit base provides a lovely contrast of texture and a hint of ginger. I actually served it for dessert on Boxing Day (where it disappeared very quickly), but really it is perfect for any celebration (or regular day). It is a baked cheesecake, and ideally needs to be made the day before serving as it needs to cool down slowly (to prevent cracking) then chill in the fridge for a while first; though you could get away with baking it in the morning to serve in the evening; or up to a couple of days in advance. I always bake my cheesecakes in a water bath, which helps to prevent the surface from cracking and ensures that the texture is silky smooth; just make sure that you wrap your tin extremely well, with several layers of clingfilm and tin foil, to prevent any water from seeping in and making the base go soggy.

Baileys Irish Cream baked cheesecake with ginger crust and Baileys ganache & recipe for Flat White Martini - Domestic GothessThe cheesecake goes perfectly with a Baileys Flat White Martini, a smooth, creamy take on an espresso martini. It is really quick and simple to make and only requires three ingredients – Baileys, vodka and espresso coffee, which makes it perfect for serving at parties. It is VERY easy to drink, and the buzz from the caffeine helps keep you awake to party; it is quite strong though so I don’t think I could manage more than a couple! There’s a handy video here that shows you how to make it.

Baileys Irish Cream cheesecake with ginger crust and Baileys Ganache - Domestic Gothess

Baileys Cheesecake With Baileys Ganache
Serves 12
  • 250g (9oz) gingersnap biscuits
  • 75g (1/3 cup) butter, melted
  • 600g (21oz) full fat cream cheese
  • 150ml (1/2 + ⅛ cup) double (heavy) cream
  • 150g (3/4 cup) caster (superfine) sugar
  • 2 tbsp cornflour (cornstarch)
  • 4 large eggs
  • 150ml (1/2 + ⅛ cup) Baileys Irish Cream
  • 1tsp vanilla extract
  • 150g (5.3oz) dark chocolate, chopped
  • 80ml (1/3 cup) double (heavy) cream
  • 100ml (1/3 + ⅛ cup) Baileys Irish Cream
Flat White Martini
  • To serve one:
  • 25ml espresso
  • 25ml vodka
  • 50ml Baileys
  • coffee beans to serve
  1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4. Blitz the biscuits in a food processor until they are reduced to crumbs. Add the melted butter and blitz again until it resembles wet sand. Pour the crumbs into a 23cm(9in) round springform cake tin, spread them out across the base and pack down firmly.
  2. Bake the base for 10 minutes then remove from the oven and leave to cool while you make the filling. Beat together the cream cheese, cream, sugar and cornflour with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition; finally mix in the Baileys and vanilla extract.
  3. Put the kettle on. Wrap the outside of the tin in a double layer of clingfilm then a double layer of wide tinfoil, making sure that there are no gaps or splits; place the tin in a large roasting tray.
  4. Pour the filling into the tin then pour enough boiling water into the roasting tray so that it comes about halfway up the sides of the tin. Place in the oven and bake for about 1 hour until the cheesecake is set but still has a slight wobble in the centre.
  5. Remove the cheesecake from the water bath, return it to the switched off oven, close the door and leave it in there for at least an hour. Allow the cheesecake to cool until it is almost at room temperature then carefully run a knife around the edge to loosen it from the tin before refrigerating overnight.
  6. The following day, place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Heat the cream and Baileys together until almost boiling then pour it over the chocolate; stir until smooth. Allow to cool a little while you carefully un-mould the cheesecake and place it on a serving platter. Pour the ganache over the top of the cheesecake and gently spread it out. At this point you can either serve the cheesecake or return it to the fridge for up to a couple of days until you are ready to serve.
Flat White Martini
  1. Add the espresso, vodka and Baileys to a cocktail shaker filled with ice, shake until cold then strain into a martini glass, top with a couple of coffee beans to serve.

Β Baileys Irish Cream baked cheesecake with gingersnap crust, Baileys chocolate ganache & a Flat White MartiniBaileys Irish Cream baked cheesecake with gingersnap crust and Baileys chocolate ganache and a Flat White MartiniI am sharing this with Saucy Saturdays hosted by The Flavour Bender, Take Two Tapas, La Petit Chef and Mid-Life Croissant, Fiesta Friday hosted by The Not So Creative Cook and Cooking With Mr Fitz, Foodie FriDIY, Foodie Friends Friday, Friday Favourites and Friday Features

Casa Costello

28 Comments on Baileys Cheesecake With Baileys Ganache & A Flat White Martini

1. Ginger
    December 29, 2015 at 9:32 pm (10 months ago)

Wow – I know what you mean about the two events following in rather quick succession, but I’m ok with that. As long as I get to eat a cake like this, anyway!

January 6, 2016 at 1:17 pm (10 months ago)

Ha ha! You are right – it does mean that you get to eat lots of desserts which isn’t so bad!

2. DanielaApostol
    December 30, 2015 at 12:15 pm (10 months ago)

It looks delicious and the photos are amazing!

January 6, 2016 at 1:16 pm (10 months ago)

Thank you! πŸ™‚

3. lucyparissi
    December 30, 2015 at 4:20 pm (10 months ago)

I agree – there should be a bigger gap between Christmas and New Year and an even longer gap before you have to head back to work or start worrying about how many calories you are consuming (and not all of them on drinks). This looks so creamy and delicious… I am thinking of making for tomorrow’s NYE celebrations. One last hurrah before 2016…

January 6, 2016 at 1:15 pm (10 months ago)

There is so much crammed into such a short space of time over the Christmas period, I spent most of the holidays traveling around seeing friends and family which was lovely but also utterly exhausting! I could have done with a couple of weeks to recover before normality resumed… x

January 4, 2016 at 7:01 pm (10 months ago)

Happy New Year Hannah! Bailey’s is one of my favourite drinks, so this cheesecake looks like a slice of heaven! x

January 6, 2016 at 1:08 pm (10 months ago)

Happy New Year! Baileys is one of my favourites too so the cheesecake is indeed heavenly! x

January 6, 2016 at 1:04 pm (10 months ago)

Thanks Angela πŸ™‚ the ganache is seriously good…and quite boozy!

January 8, 2016 at 1:31 pm (10 months ago)

I make a Bailey’s cheesecake too but your Bailey’s ganache is something I need to add instead of fresh fruit (when I am in a chocolate mood). Great recipe πŸ™‚

6. Jhuls
    January 8, 2016 at 1:57 pm (10 months ago)

So when you first came with the noodles, you said you have cake. And that is good! πŸ˜€ Thanks for sharing this, Hannah! Looks so delish and I am sure our friends here at FF#101 will enjoy every bite. πŸ˜‰

7. Lily
    January 8, 2016 at 2:05 pm (10 months ago)

OMG! You had me at Baileys and Cheesecake. I’m a lover of both and this is one gorgeous dessert. A must-try for later. Pinned!

8. Julie is Hostess At Heart
    January 8, 2016 at 2:35 pm (10 months ago)

This is one beautiful cake Hanna! I love the addition of Baileys, it would be a great treat for adult get togethers!

9. Mr Fitz
    January 8, 2016 at 3:29 pm (10 months ago)

Thanks for bringing this over to Fiesta Friday 101.. I know Mrs Fitz would love this one!

10. hilkayaker
    January 9, 2016 at 2:55 pm (10 months ago)

It almost looks like a boston cream pie. I love cheesecake and this looks amazing!

11. spiceinthecity
    January 10, 2016 at 12:15 am (9 months ago)

You had me at Baileys! This look so fabulous and decadent!!

12. Angela / Only Crumbs Remain
    January 10, 2016 at 9:27 am (9 months ago)

Ooh my! This sounds like heaven – I adore cheesecake, topped with a chocolate baileys ganache the flavour must have been wonderful. #Bakeoftheweek

13. CakePants
    January 10, 2016 at 4:00 pm (9 months ago)

This looks unbelievably delicious – my mouth is watering just looking at the photos! I love the shots with the sparklers, too. Gorgeous!

14. Love My Mess
    January 11, 2016 at 1:51 am (9 months ago)

Double yum to both the cheesecake AND the cocktail – my mouth is watering now, too, thanks a lot! πŸ™‚ Found you at Saucy Saturday, pinned!

15. afra-madmumof7
    January 11, 2016 at 8:08 am (9 months ago)

Looks gorgeous – I’m going to try this with the salted caramel version of the liqueur!

16. Suchitra
    January 11, 2016 at 9:01 pm (9 months ago)

What a delightful looking cheesecake!!

17. Welcome to LittleSugarSnaps
    January 12, 2016 at 8:08 pm (9 months ago)

aha. My perfect cheesecake recipe. I was searching for this about 2 years ago and couldn’t find one that was baked (the set kind just don’t go it for me). I love the quantity of baileys within the centre (ie lots) and that there’s more in the chocolate topping. Pinning (and pining for some right now)

18. J Seaton
    January 12, 2016 at 9:05 pm (9 months ago)

I definitely prefer a quieter space with good friends and great food for the holidays, and this cheesecake looks like it would fit in quite well as it looks very delicious.

19. swayam
    January 14, 2016 at 9:16 am (9 months ago)

You seriously are the dessert queen! What a brilliant combo and dessert.. I want it all. Thanks for linking up at #SaucySaturdays. I hope you know that you were Featured in our BEST of 2015 Party round up!!?? Grab a featured badge and show off! πŸ˜›

20. Helen at Casa Costello
    January 14, 2016 at 11:27 pm (9 months ago)

Aah well that is one of the most perfect ways to see in the New Year that I have seen! I use a water bath for my cheesecake bases too – have never looked back since. Thanks once again for joining in with #Bakeoftheweek New Roundup now open x

21. Julie
    March 14, 2016 at 10:41 pm (7 months ago)

Hi! Beautiful cheesecake! I can’t wait to try baking one myself! I have a silly question about the clingfilm. Does it not melt under the foil??? I just don’t want to end up with a big mess!

March 16, 2016 at 9:44 am (7 months ago)

Hi Julie, as long as it is a decent quality clingfilm then it wont melt, it just sort of shrink-wraps the tin so no water can get in. If you are worried about it you can leave off the clingfilm and just wrap the tin in foil, just be extra careful that there are no gaps that the water could get through. I hope you enjoy the cheesecake!